I am a Japanese psychotherapist with over 15 years of experience.
I am passionate in working with persons who feel they are between cultures. My approach focuses on deep listening with compassion and self-empowerment for my clients.
I believe that the most precious gift you can give to yourself is relationships. First, relationship with yourself. And relationships with others whom you love and want to care about.
Working in therapy session is a courageous act. I feel privileged to be a witness and a guide of your journey of self-acceptance, discovery, connection, inspiration, and empowerment at this point of your life.
My Belief and Mission
As multicultural humans, we embody resiliency and richness. Too often, however, we lack a safe space to tell our stories or look at our lives in a supportive and empowering way. Instead, we’re vulnerable to feeling small or ashamed.
I respect that you have come so far to know and cultivate the person you are.
My mission is to provide a safe, self-growing, confidence-building space where you can come to know yourself, express your thoughts and feelings, and create positive patterns in your life.
- New York State Licensed Psychotherapist・Creative Arts Therapist
- Board Certified Trainer / Registered Drama Therapist from North American Association of Drama Therapy
- Certified Child Life Specilaist by Child Life Council
- Certified Infant Massage Educator by Infant Massage USA
- Professional Improvisational Actor/Director
- Mother of Two
B.A. in Psychology from New School University
M.A. in Drama Therapy from New York University
- Child Life Specialist and Drama Therapist at Children’s Hospital at Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, NJ
- Drama Therapist / Psychotherapist at NY Staten Island St. Vincent Hospital Day Treatment Program for the mentally Ill (adolescents, adults, elderly)
- Drama Therapy Intern at St. Vincent Hospital Child /Adolescnet Psychiatric Unit
- Drama Therapy Intern at Association of the Help for Retarded Children (worked with clients with triple diagnosis of developmental delays, brain injury, and addiction)
- Case Manager at APICHA (HIV/ AIDS), NY, NY
- Social Work Intern at Bellevue Hospital in NY, NY
- Humor is healing
- Blaming leads nowhere
- Body has connection with our mind
- Our life manifests and blossoms from a sense Freedom/Acceptance/and Joy ---- not from Fear.