Are you someone who has more than two cultures within yourself?
Your parents might be 1st generation here from another country. You might be staying in New York for a relationship.
Do you want to live your own life but you are afraid of disappointing your parents, friends or people in your community?
Are you studying and struggling to speak and communicate in English and feel frustrated?
Are you worried about your visa status in this country and feel vulnerable?
I am passionate to work with following clients such as:
- Persons who are living here but originally from another country.
- Persons who feel strongly connected and identify with Japanese cultures and sub-cultures.
- Persons who are here on business from another culture.
- Persons whose parents are first generation in America. -You experience two value systems: your parents and yours.
- Parents who are raising children and struggle between your original cultural values and your child who is growing up in America.
- Persons who originally stayed here for a relationship or marriage and would like to pursue a personal goals and dreams.
I was once been a student who did not speak any English and felt so small, afraid to pick up a phone or interact with anyone. I learned that It is OK to receive support for my life journey instead of being isolated and small. I believe we, as multicultural beings, have resiliency. It is helpful to take care of yourself for self-empowerment and self-advocacy, learning who you are, and where you want to go in your own life.
As multicultural beings, we are so RICH in our experiences but we often do not have a SAFE SPACE to tell our stories or look at our lives in a supportive and empowering way.
I have a passion to work with you if you feel like you are between cultures. We will explore where you come from and where you are going, and what is important to you as a person in your life.