Social & Emotional Skills Building for Young Adults.
I work with young adults using talk, creative arts, and drama therapy techniques.
Clients will be able to learn about feelings and express them through sessions with me. I have a gentle, fun and playful approach to the work with young adults. Sometimes, a Young adult needs a space to speak to a mentor/therapist who they trust that is not their parents. When I see a young adult, I also offer coaching sessions to their parents to create positive communication patterns at home.
Currently I work with young adults at their various stages and challenges:
- Young adults who are "hard on" themselves.
- Young adults who are acting out at school, not following directions from teachers or parents.
- Young adults who want to be actors or become expressive artists. (practicing monologues and improvisational theater techniques to enhance creativity and honesty)
- Young adults who have challenge in making and connecting with friends, and speaking up for themselves.
- Young adults who want to develop better social skill, self awareness, self confidence and spontaneity.
- Young adults whose parents are going through separation, divorce, re-marriage (changes in family system).
- Young adults who are anxious, worried or extremely shy.
- Young adults who have tics, stuttering, nail biting, selective mutism symptoms.
- Young adults and parents who feel disconnect from each other.
- Young adults who are unable to attend school.
- Young adults who are showing aggressive behaviors, bullying, etc